 Technic / 1983
Re: 8458 Silver Champion is incredible!
Newsgroups:
lugnet.technic
Date:
Sun, 13 Aug 2000 15:34:54 GMT

Huw Millington <hmillington@cix.co.uk> wrote in message
news:Fz71vF.5po@lugnet.com...
I have just finished making it. It is stunning. It dwarfs last year's • super
car, at nearly 70cm long.

It's a good thing I made some space in my room for this set!
It is also more challenging to make -- the pieces are all 'jumbled-up' • like
the old days, not all pre-sorted for each sub-assembly like 8448 :-) I • think
it took about 5-6 hours total.

All the better!  I like to take my dear sweet time when I build and savor
the moments!
The front and rear suspension is very cleverly implemented, and is quite
stiff, unlike 8448 which sinks under its own weight.

Thank goodness for change!
There are a number of new elements used in the suspension, and also some • new
'D' shaped pieces used to simplify the engine construction.

Overall, a must-have for every Technic fan...

Huw

One last thing, are instruction given on how to motorize it or that optional
semi truck model?

Adrian