 Technic / 1968
Re: 8458 Silver Champion is incredible!
Newsgroups:
lugnet.technic
Date:
Sun, 13 Aug 2000 05:47:36 GMT

In lugnet.technic, Huw Millington writes:
I have just finished making it. It is stunning. It dwarfs last year's super
car, at nearly 70cm long.

It is also more challenging to make -- the pieces are all 'jumbled-up' like
the old days, not all pre-sorted for each sub-assembly like 8448 :-) I think
it took about 5-6 hours total.

The front and rear suspension is very cleverly implemented, and is quite
stiff, unlike 8448 which sinks under its own weight.

There are a number of new elements used in the suspension, and also some new
'D' shaped pieces used to simplify the engine construction.

Overall, a must-have for every Technic fan...

Huw

I have a couple questions:

Where did you get it?
Was it worth the US$160?
Are there any actual silver parts, or are there just silvery-grey side panels?

BTW, you can soften the 8448 suspension even further by substituting standard
shocks for the gray ones.  It makes a cool "lowered" effect.  Especially
on the front.

KL