 Technic / 1824
  Re: Has anyone ever tried to design a washing machine mechanism?

Hmmm - but that was hand-cranked. Did you try applying a motor to it, and see if it could take on the same amount of torque? Rotational speed isn't the only factor to take into account, there is also the torsional component. To make a half-decent (...) (24 years ago, 27-Jul-00, to lugnet.technic)

  Re: Has anyone ever tried to design a washing machine mechanism?

(...) I never hooked up a motor to it (mainly because the only motor I had at the time was in use in another model), so I don't know for sure, but IIRC it didn't involve much torque, once I tweaked the bushings to keep the gears meshed without (...) (24 years ago, 28-Jul-00, to lugnet.technic)