 Technic / 16757
  Automatic synchro drive

Finally getting around to writing up some MOCs... (3 URLs) I wish I could take credit for this remarkable invention, but in fact I got the idea from (URL) here>. Not having any instructions for this one, I made my own, and tried to make it a bit (...) (15 years ago, 27-Dec-09, to lugnet.technic, lugnet.robotics, lugnet.announce.moc, FTX) !

  Re: Automatic synchro drive

That is absolutely fantastic! It should be something that every mechanical engineering student has to build in lab. Just amazing! Scott (15 years ago, 28-Dec-09, to lugnet.technic, FTX)

  Re: Automatic synchro drive

Thanks! :) I meant to include the link to the brickshelf folder: (URL) (15 years ago, 28-Dec-09, to lugnet.technic, FTX)

  Re: Automatic synchro drive

An excellent adaptation of a fantastic idea! Thanks for sharing - especially the mpd. BTW, it would be a good idea to include unofficial parts in the mpd. You can do that using MPDwizard ((URL) This way your mpd will remain readable even if (...) (15 years ago, 28-Dec-09, to lugnet.technic)

  Re: Automatic synchro drive

(...) Philo beat me to it, but I was also going to suggest you include unofficial parts to make sure everyone can see the file as it was intended. I'll take advantage of this occasion to fervently hope the hailfire wheel will be on the parts tracker (...) (15 years ago, 28-Dec-09, to lugnet.technic)

  Re: Automatic synchro drive

Thanks again for sharing! I now have an Automatic Synchro Drive wandering in my kitchen... (URL) Philo (15 years ago, 28-Dec-09, to lugnet.technic, FTX)

  Re: Automatic synchro drive

(...) Cool! It feels strange to see it in someone else's house! :-) It looks as if you added some extra gears on the top. Is that just for decoration, or to increase the friction to prevent unwanted turning? (At one point I decided I needed that, (...) (15 years ago, 28-Dec-09, to lugnet.technic)

  Re: Automatic synchro drive

(...) Yes, there are many possible sources of frictions differences, especially in the turntables, quite sensitive to assembly (I had to lubricate two of them). After making sure that all parts were correctly aligned and fully plugged, it worked (...) (15 years ago, 29-Dec-09, to lugnet.technic)

  Re: Automatic synchro drive

(...) I finished mine just now (made a video but can't find the cable to connect my PDA to the computer) and a ran into similar issues. I lubed my turntables after reading your comment Philo, and it improved things slightly, but I also found that (...) (15 years ago, 29-Dec-09, to lugnet.technic)

  Re: Automatic synchro drive

I'm glad this little model is generating so much excitement! ;-) (...) Interesting to hear I'm not the only one to experience these issues with turntables! (In a second-hand technic set I once bought, someone had inserted ball bearings inside the (...) (15 years ago, 30-Dec-09, to lugnet.technic)

  Re: Automatic synchro drive

I guess it's also possible that not all friction pins are alike (might be interesting to test this...) (...) (15 years ago, 30-Dec-09, to lugnet.technic)