 Technic / 16650
Re: Help needed on gear spacing, and another question
Newsgroups:
lugnet.technic
Date:
Wed, 8 Apr 2009 10:30:39 GMT

In lugnet.technic, Owen Dive wrote:
   In lugnet.technic, Fernando A. Conchinhas Correia wrote:
   While the worm and 1x4 rack pitch are not the same and they do not mesh perfectly, it is still possible to make them work together in a reliable way.

You may see one example below,

Originally posted at TechnicBRICKs http://technicbricks.blogspot.com/2008/09/tbs-techtips-16-la-discrete-design.html

Is it just me, or do those worm gears look like the haven’t been aligned properly?

No! They’re properly aligned. ;) They just look like that, because the way the worm termination is done. However the screw works continuous and smoothly.