 Robotics / 27724
Re: Help needed on gear spacing, and another question
Newsgroups:
lugnet.robotics
Date:
Mon, 6 Apr 2009 13:55:05 GMT

First (zeroth?), thanks to all the information and helpful hints.

I should have realized that the worm gear doesn't fit with the rack, as their
pitches won't match up.  That's really obvious and I should have seen that.

Second, the worm -> gear -> rack thing probably should work.  I think I had
contemplated that ides but didn't want to have to go there.  But whatever must
be, must be.

Third, I think I may have to engage the brick engraver / printer with the idea
of the 1x1 tiles.  Either that or I can do the 2x2 tiles but that makes things
twice as big (in both of two directions!) but that could make it fun.

Of course, none of the above answers the question of "what in the world are you
doing?!?" but both of these ideas should debut in Chicago at Brickworld.  I can
mention that neither one is a GBC module but all of you should by now understand
my appreciation for mechanical computing equipment, digital or analog.

Thanks again!
Rafe