 Technic / 16635
  Using the new PF remote for Technic

Hi everyone, I just got back from Brickfest in Portland and was lucky enough to see the unveiling of the new 10194 Emerald Night train and the new Power Functions elements which can be used with it. (URL) I'm not a train guy, but I had been (...) (15 years ago, 30-Mar-09, to lugnet.technic, lugnet.robotics, FTX)

  Re: Using the new PF remote for Technic

(...) .... (...) ... (...) ... (...) .... (...) Thanks for the feedback! Im not surprised the power level is not continuous, its a digital signal not analogue! iirc its 2 bytes of data, thats the mode and data for both channels in combo mode. (There (...) (15 years ago, 30-Mar-09, to lugnet.technic, lugnet.robotics, FTX)

  Re: Using the new PF remote for Technic

(...) Hi Eric, Thanks for sharing with your findings about the new PF remote with us! I haven't played with it yet, so was very curious to know about some implementation details and you gave full light on those. From your description the remote (...) (15 years ago, 30-Mar-09, to lugnet.technic, lugnet.robotics, FTX)

  Re: Using the new PF remote for Technic

(...) BTW, forgot to mention that the protocol indeed defines 7 PWM steps in each direction (forward/backward) plus the Float and Break states. (15 years ago, 30-Mar-09, to lugnet.technic, lugnet.robotics, FTX)