 Technic / 16636
Re: Using the new PF remote for Technic
Newsgroups:
lugnet.technic, lugnet.robotics
Date:
Mon, 30 Mar 2009 21:15:35 GMT

In lugnet.technic, Eric Albrecht wrote:
   Hi everyone,

I just got back from Brickfest in Portland and was lucky enough to see the unveiling of the new 10194 Emerald Night train and the new Power Functions elements which can be used with it.

  • The control is not infinitely variable.

  • The signal is not continuous.

  • There is no absolute link between control wheel position and speed. Signals seem to all be relative.

   The new Li-Po battery, on the other hand, could be quite useful.....

Eric Albrecht

Technicopedia

Thanks for the feedback!

Im not surprised the power level is not continuous, its a digital signal not analogue! iirc its 2 bytes of data, thats the mode and data for both channels in combo mode. (There is a toggle setting in one of the modes I suspect that sets continuous output) I am however surprised at the +1 increment thing using the PF protocol in combo mode would send a power level... maybe its another mode, I dont recal them all at present...

Any news on wether the charger is the same as the NXT Battery charger? isn’t that a 10V DC also? (700mA??) Im really tempted by a battery but the price is a shock!

I’m also wondering (If anyone knows!) if the IR receiver has been fixed, I believe there was a firmware error in the first batch...(will that affect this remote?)

Regards

Mike