 Technic / 16570
Re: 8862, What's Wrong With This Picture?
Newsgroups:
lugnet.cad, lugnet.technic
Date:
Fri, 16 Jan 2009 23:10:43 GMT

In lugnet.cad, Stephane Simard wrote:
What about part 4700 (Backhoe scoop)? Does it exist? Only appeared in 8862 and
8851.

http://www.peeron.com/inv/parts/4700

Yes, there is an ldraw file for 4700 created by a Mr. Guus-Jan Wijnhoven.  It says "Created with stl2dat conversion tool".   This gives me an idea.  I have been working on modifying the 10x8 excavator bucket model to try to convert it into the 14x8.  I have been making some progress but I suck horribly at it so far.  Sounds like maybe I could make a solid model of the part in CATIA (which would be no problem), and then convert it.  Where would I find one of these conversion tools?