 Technic / 16382
16381  |  16383
Subject:
Motor problem
Newsgroups:
lugnet.technic
Date:
Mon, 14 Jul 2008 04:28:16 GMT

Hello,

I wondered if any motor-savvy Technic experts out there could help me out with a
problem.

I'm building a helpicopter, and am powering two rotors plus a light and sound
double red light with a single old motor:

http://guide.lugnet.com/partsref/search.cgi?q=2838c01

and a light and sound type battery box. (this is minifig scale, so I want as
compact a battery box as I can find.)

When I turn on the motor, the rotors spin and the lights comes on, but then the
light fades and goes out, and the rotors slow down until they stop entirely.
Wha?

So do I need more powerful motor? A bigger battery box? I would have thought
that you need much more power to start the rotors spinning than you do to keep
them spinning, so I'm surprised that it starts just fine but then seems to run
out of steam. Any suggestions?

thanks

Magnus