 Technic / 1632
    Gluing broken bricks —Lars Gertsen
   Hello, I have just bought a box of used technic lego. Some of the studs (16x1) was broken so I wondered if it was possible to glue them together again, and what type of glue should I use. I live in Denmark, so try not to specify special american (...) (24 years ago, 16-Jun-00, to lugnet.technic)

        Re: Gluing broken bricks —Geoffrey Hyde
     I've heard of varying results with the kind of plastic cement that is used to glue plastic models together. But do test any cement you buy on a small part of LEGO you can afford to lose before you start glueing pieces together with it. If the cement (...) (24 years ago, 16-Jun-00, to lugnet.technic)

         Re: Gluing broken bricks —David C. Pyatt
     Since LEGO is made of ABS I have purchased a can of ABS plumbing pipe adhesive. I have not yet tried it, but have read to use it sparingly as an excess could cause warpage. Dave (...) (24 years ago, 16-Jun-00, to lugnet.technic)

        Re: Gluing broken bricks —Thomas D. Fulk, Jr.
    I have used with success (This is a US Brand, but read on) Loctite 495. This is a "professional" type of Cyanoacrylate glue, AKA Superglue in America. Go to your hobbyshop and get a high quality Cyanoacrylate, as the Discount store variety is not (...) (24 years ago, 17-Jun-00, to lugnet.technic)

        Re: Gluing broken bricks —Geoffrey Hyde
   A small addendum to this. Most cyanoacrylates can be dissolved off with nail polish remover. It seems to be the same stuff that emergency wards use to remove the superglue. Cheers ... Geoffrey Hyde Thomas D Fulk Jr <tfulkjr@mail.idt.net> wrote in (...) (24 years ago, 17-Jun-00, to lugnet.technic)

        Re: Gluing broken bricks —Matthew Miller
     (...) Still, not something you want to put in your eye. Ow! (24 years ago, 17-Jun-00, to lugnet.technic)

        Re: Gluing broken bricks —Ran Talbott
   (...) As can almost anything "plastic": the primary active ingredient in nail polish remover is acetone. Nasty stuff, to be used with caution. I'm not sure what it'll do to ABS, but I wouldn't do the test on any piece I cared about... Ran (24 years ago, 18-Jun-00, to lugnet.technic)