 Technic / 16296
Re: Linear Actuator
Newsgroups:
lugnet.technic
Date:
Sat, 23 Feb 2008 13:36:15 GMT

The only way I can see these being cheaper to produce is if they have no matel
parts at all which would make them even worse. And yes you would need a means to
power them throuh a series of gears and universal joints which I think could be
more expensive (and less reliable, more awkward, less realistic and so on) than
three hoses, a pump and a switch if you have more than one to control. Even if
they were cheaper I would much rather spend the little extra money for longer
pneumatic cylinders.

I know i've said this before in other threads but to have longer pneumatics, PF
control valves and a compressor with a thru hole (like the fiber optic light
unit) that fits right onto the front of a PF motor would be awesome. Imajine
what could be done with that especially when combined with the existing 8
channel remote control functionality of power functions. Just thinking of the
possibilties that these new parts would create sets my imajination wild. After
all isn't that what lego is supposed to have as its main selling point. That and
quality of course 8^).