 Technic / 16283 (-10)
  Re: Linear Actuator

(...) Obviously with *my* interests, I hope that the linear actuator is not the end of pneumatics. There are still a lot of ideas I've not had a chance to try, but more part type options are great! Kevin (www.kclague.net) (17 years ago, 21-Feb-08, to lugnet.technic)

  Linear Actuator

The more I think about the new linear actuator the more applications I think up for it, but I was just wondering is it actually going to be significantly cheaper to make than the pneumatic system? I know you won't need a pump, valve block or pipes, (...) (17 years ago, 21-Feb-08, to lugnet.technic)

  Re: New Panel Fairings?

(...) Gordons's right, I'm currently pro the new fairings. I like my parts to be made up of recognisable geometric shapes and have lines of symmetry :-). (17 years ago, 21-Feb-08, to lugnet.technic)

  Re: New Crane...

I can't see from your photos how you're stopping the main structure lifting off the base. Correct me if I'm wrong, but crane turntables hold the superstructure down so the load moment is transferred to the crawler base. I've seen photos of cranes (...) (17 years ago, 21-Feb-08, to lugnet.technic)

  Re: New Panel Fairings?

(...) He's not saying the new ones are less useful, He's saying the new ones couldn't be worse than the old ones. In other words, the old ones are a useless as they could be. (17 years ago, 21-Feb-08, to lugnet.technic)

  Re: New Panel Fairings?

(...) I wasn't referring to the old fairings. I was referring to the new fairings. Being that they have pin holes on both ends, I would have thought they gave you more of an opportunity to "close up". They could be used in co-operation with old (...) (17 years ago, 20-Feb-08, to lugnet.technic)

  Re: New Panel Fairings?

(...) I think it's because I always think things should be "closed up". If I was say building a truck and putting fairings on the side I'd build it from bricks and plates so it would be rectangular, you' can't do that with the old fairings. (17 years ago, 20-Feb-08, to lugnet.technic)

  Re: Technicopedia Update

In lugnet.technic, Eric Albrecht wrote: Update At long last, I have completed 1986 and all 8 sets which showed up that year. This is the longest I have taken to complete a year of set documentation, so I hope it is worth it! Enjoy. Eric (URL) (...) (17 years ago, 20-Feb-08, to lugnet.technic, FTX)

  Re: New Crane...

(...) I guess that was kind of a "bold" statement :D I can say that it is shaping up to be the biggest thing that I have ever built!! Keep checking the Brickshelf folder for further progres...I will be sure to keep all updated! Thanks! -Alvin. (17 years ago, 20-Feb-08, to lugnet.technic)

  Re: New Panel Fairings?

(...) Could you elaborate on that? Why don't you see them as being very useful? (17 years ago, 20-Feb-08, to lugnet.technic)

Redisplay Messages:  All | Compact