 Technic / 16208 (-20)
  Re: New TECHNIC sets for Fall 2008

(...) Looks like LEGO has finally updated their light units to make use of white LEDS. (I've been doing this for my models for the past several years...) I'm sure that some builders will find this set interesting, although I would personally be much (...) (17 years ago, 1-Feb-08, to lugnet.technic, FTX)

  Re: New TECHNIC sets for Fall 2008

(...) The real stuff, not only the box, as befor. (2 URLs) See more (URL) (17 years ago, 1-Feb-08, to lugnet.technic, FTX)

  New Power Functions Electronics Folder

The new Power Functions Electronics folder in my Brickshelf: (URL) contains circuits and pictures of how to use electronics with your PF parts. So far there are PF lead mods, a light direction, latch and flash circuit, which can keep train lights on (...) (17 years ago, 29-Jan-08, to lugnet.technic, lugnet.trains, lugnet.general, lugnet.robotics, lugnet.loc.uk, lugnet.parts.mod)

  Re: Power Function control with RCX and BrickOS

A new version of my Power Functins library and PWM remote are now available at: (URL) There was some code cleanup and fine tuning. The PWM remote program now goes from slowest to fasted speed. give it a try and thanks for all the feed back so far. (...) (17 years ago, 28-Jan-08, to lugnet.general, lugnet.technic, lugnet.trains, lugnet.robotics, FTX)

  Re: RSRA-2008

After Ian and I did all the technical building creating our Robot Arms, it was time to build control cabins on top of the arms! I had fun and made not only a control cabin, but I figured all good robot arm's have a Castle at the back, right? (7 (...) (17 years ago, 28-Jan-08, to lugnet.technic, FTX)

  Re: I have 4 of the 9v geared motors. Any project ideas?

"Sam Gardiner" <sentryiii@gmail.com> wrote in message news:JvBpLF.L71@lugnet.com... (...) (URL) (17 years ago, 28-Jan-08, to lugnet.technic)

  I have 4 of the 9v geared motors. Any project ideas?

I have two 8735 sets and a Mindstorms set, so for power I have an RCX and two battery boxes. I've had 3 motors for a good 5 years now, so I ordered a second 8735 set and it arrived today. :) Any project ideas? Cool MOCs out there I could replicate? (...) (17 years ago, 27-Jan-08, to lugnet.technic)

  Re: Power Functions infra-red RC protocol released!

(...) Very good. Have you done experiments to map the power level settings to RPM? I am guessing that each of the 7 steps sets literally a power level (PWM width) and not a speed. Have you done experiments under load to see what happens to the speed (...) (17 years ago, 27-Jan-08, to lugnet.technic, lugnet.trains, lugnet.robotics, FTX)

  Re: Power Function control with RCX and BrickOS

(...) Could it be that the long range mode of IR is not set (I saw no reference to range setting in your source, and I don't know the default state). Despite the difference in carrier frequency, the RCX 1.0 and RCX2.0 are able to dialog albeit with (...) (17 years ago, 27-Jan-08, to lugnet.general, lugnet.technic, lugnet.trains, lugnet.robotics)

  Re: Power Functions infra-red RC protocol released!

(...) I just tried the new commands with a home-made NXT-controlled IR remote. I was able to get them to work without a problem. I verified the single-output PWM mode, which starts a motor at a given power level, in which it stays indefinitely (...) (17 years ago, 26-Jan-08, to lugnet.general, lugnet.technic, lugnet.trains, lugnet.robotics, FTX)

  Re: Power Function control with RCX and BrickOS

(...) i have not really spent a lot of time trying to figure these modes out. i was more concerned with getting the PWM to work correctly. i'm going to spend more time testing this and will let you know. bob (17 years ago, 26-Jan-08, to lugnet.general, lugnet.technic, lugnet.trains, lugnet.robotics, FTX)

  Re: Power Function control with RCX and BrickOS

(...) Glad it worked for you and thanks for the heads up on the RCX 2.0 problems. i don't have a 2.0 RCX to play with so i'm not sure if it is a timing issue that can be resolved or what. i was very excited the first time i got my RCX to talk to the (...) (17 years ago, 26-Jan-08, to lugnet.general, lugnet.technic, lugnet.trains, lugnet.robotics)

  Re: Power Function control with RCX and BrickOS

(...) Well this was just a quickly hacked out example program to show how to use the library function that i wrote. i realized at the time that the PWM started out at fastest and went to slowest but i had run out of steam and never really got back (...) (17 years ago, 26-Jan-08, to lugnet.general, lugnet.technic, lugnet.trains, lugnet.robotics, FTX)

  Re: Power Functions infra-red RC protocol released!

(...) On page 13 it shows the transmit time slots. Giving each channel a unique stagger for repeats certainly helps avoid collisions, but I'm confused as to why they have a transmit hold off. If person A is on channel 1, and person B is on channel (...) (17 years ago, 26-Jan-08, to lugnet.technic, FTX)

  Re: Power Functions infra-red RC protocol released!

(...) Absolutely excellent news! Downloaded and printing... (17 years ago, 26-Jan-08, to lugnet.general, lugnet.technic, lugnet.trains, lugnet.robotics, FTX)

  Re: Power Function control with RCX and BrickOS

Thank you very much for that fine piece of software Bob! After reading your post I immediately run in my LEGO room to grab an RCX and the IR tower to test your software. Well, I had to find out that I had not enough batteries at home and thus had to (...) (17 years ago, 26-Jan-08, to lugnet.general, lugnet.technic, lugnet.trains, lugnet.robotics, FTX)

  Re: Power Functions infra-red RC protocol released!

(...) I did this experiment a while ago, I just presumed everyone else has as well. The Short answer is NO. I could not get the new IR train to control the PF receivers either at full on, or with PWM. My IR train, and PF gear are 100% incompatible. (...) (17 years ago, 26-Jan-08, to lugnet.technic, lugnet.trains, lugnet.robotics)

  Re: Power Function control with RCX and BrickOS

(...) Okay, thanks. I can get 'Single output Mode' to work now. 'Single pin Mode' may be working too, but I'm not sure what to expect from it. I would expect setting either C1 or C2 would set them to 9V and run a motor forwards or backwards. Setting (...) (17 years ago, 26-Jan-08, to lugnet.general, lugnet.technic, lugnet.trains, lugnet.robotics, FTX)

  Re: Power Functions infra-red RC protocol released!

(...) I'd be very interested in that experiment (using a Hobby train RC on the PW Receiver) as well, but this does answer a number of questions for trains. For instance, tunnels and large layout out of line-of-sight on the RC should now be possible. (...) (17 years ago, 26-Jan-08, to lugnet.technic, lugnet.trains, lugnet.robotics)

  Re: Power Functions infra-red RC protocol released!

(...) Either single pin modes allow to set each output to 1 (9V) or 0 (0V). (...) See the drive datasheet: (URL) can reach 1A peak, continuous value is lower (500-600mA) especially if both outputs are heavily loaded at the same time. Philo (17 years ago, 26-Jan-08, to lugnet.technic, lugnet.trains, lugnet.robotics)

Redisplay Messages:  All | Compact