 Technic / 16119
16118  |  16120
Subject:
Constructing the 8275
Newsgroups:
lugnet.technic
Date:
Tue, 8 Jan 2008 07:29:43 GMT

Hi there.
Could anyone who has built the 8275 Motorized Bulldozer figure the bagging
scheme used? When I first opened the box, I had expected to see parts bagged by
function (i.e. all the gears in a bag, all the axles in another bag, etc). When
I saw that this wasn't the case, I thought it would be grouped by building order
(parts for steps 1-6 in one bag, 7-12 in another bag etc). I quickly realised
that it wasn't this either, as I was opening a new bag almost every step.

It wasn't even that the same parts were bagged together - there were 3 bags
containing a black 15L studless beam, there were at least 3 bags containing the
long friction pins and most of the other parts appeared to be split into two
bags (for example, the 4 sprocket wheels for driving the treads came two each in
two bags).

By the end of the first instruction booklet I had opened every part bag (with
the exception of the track links and the PF parts, which are individually
bagged) and by the end of the second booklet I still had parts in every bag!
(again, with the exception of the track links and PF parts).

Having no apparent order to the bagging actually marred my building experience
somewhat - it got to the point where I was dreading coming across a step that
used a medium-sized part (5L or 7L beam, or a 2x8 plate for example) because I
would have to sift through the contents of half a dozen or so bags before I
could find it! I wonder how many 12 year olds give up in frustration!

That said, it is an awesome model - I can't wait until my rechargeable batteries
finish charging to have a play!

Sorry about that little rant. Has anyone else had this experience? I would have
thought that all sets would be bagged the same way, but perhaps not? perhaps I
just got (un)lucky? Could anyone suggest a logical reason for the way they've
done it?

Play On
Owen.