 Technic / 16011
    Building a realistic working road grader from Technic LEGO parts. —Geoffrey Hyde
   I've been looking at how to do a properly done, realistic road grader for some time now, from Technic LEGO, and I've become stuck trying to properly emulate a realistic design for the front steering. As anyone who's seen a road grader knows, they (...) (17 years ago, 1-Dec-07, to lugnet.technic)

        Re: Building a realistic working road grader from Technic LEGO parts. —Gary Simas
     (...) Have you thought about using pneumatics for the front end? Are you planning on a newer style machine? Old motor graders had linkage and drive shafts to run everything. Modern machines are all hydraulic and use hydrostatic front wheel drive. I (...) (17 years ago, 2-Dec-07, to lugnet.technic)

        Re: Building a realistic working road grader from Technic LEGO parts. —Nathan Bell
   (...) I did a large technic road grader in 2006, and although the steering works, it does not work exactly like the real thing. I tried to modify it to make the blade rotate further, but it did not work and the design in the pictures is finished. (...) (17 years ago, 6-Dec-07, to lugnet.technic)

        Re: Building a realistic working road grader from Technic LEGO parts. —Nathan Bell
     (...) Clarification: the blade design in the pictures works but my modification did not work- therefore the overall blade range remains about 45 degrees. (17 years ago, 6-Dec-07, to lugnet.technic)

        Re: Building a realistic working road grader from Technic LEGO parts. —Geoffrey Hyde
    "Nathan Bell" <Radarbell@hotmail.com> wrote in message news:Jsn2Jz.7nD@lugnet.com... (...) Another two pneumatic cylinders, and I think you would've had the steering like a real grader does. I've seen few other models with that degree of steering (...) (17 years ago, 7-Dec-07, to lugnet.technic)

        Re: Building a realistic working road grader from Technic LEGO parts. —Nathan Bell
   (...) Hello Geoffrey Thanks for the positive comments! In order to get a steering system that could have that many axis of freedom in that amount of space it was necessary to use the ball-and-socket pieces. There may have been another way, but not (...) (17 years ago, 12-Dec-07, to lugnet.technic)