 Technic / 15990
Re: Killer Dozers
Newsgroups:
lugnet.technic
Date:
Mon, 19 Nov 2007 12:23:29 GMT

Hello Jason,

   I think these are great, though I can’t help thinking that forcing the clutch gear to slip a lot of the time is being a bit rough on the LEGO.

Well... it slips only when turning in the backwards direction. Not a very aggressive move ;o) As the slutch slips rather slowly (about 100 rpm) it should not wear too fast.

I am much more annoyed by the angle transmission at the output of the XL motor that grinds a lot under load. I have to improve that... (but probably not with Bulldozer parts unfortunately)

   I know you were making these from the Bulldozer. But given other parts, how about driving the axle on one side of a differential, then applying the ratchet to the differential cage? Then the vehicle would spin on the spot in reverse. Though it may also have a tendency to drift to one side when going forward...

IMHO (since there is a lot of friction in tracks), it would be much more than a tendency!!!. But you could use a driven differential cage with a ratchet on one output...

Philo