 Technic / 1563
  8428 Turbo Command CD-ROM

I'm trying to access the instructions for the 3 alternate models on the CD-ROM for this set. As far as I can tell, one needs to complete each "mission" to do this. Unfortunately, my video game skills aren't what they were 15 years ago and I'm having (...) (24 years ago, 5-Jun-00, to lugnet.technic)

  Re: 8428 Turbo Command CD-ROM

I recently saw the cheat for that on the LEGO Turbo Command site... Build On! John Matthews Steve Borden <sborden@mdc.net> wrote in message news:FvntIt.1ID@lugnet.com... (...) (24 years ago, 5-Jun-00, to lugnet.technic)

  Re: 8428 Turbo Command CD-ROM

Awwww, come on! You can do it! Well, ok, so I got my 12-year-old nephew to do mine. I felt the same way you do, but I kept playing with it and finally I was able to complete all three. This may not be true, but I got the distinct impression that if (...) (24 years ago, 5-Jun-00, to lugnet.technic)

  Re: 8428 Turbo Command CD-ROM

Thanks, I found it there after hunting a bit. For anyone else who may be intersted the URL is: (URL) Matthews <jmatthew@columbus.rr.com> wrote: : I recently saw the cheat for that on the LEGO Turbo Command site... : Build On! : John Matthews (24 years ago, 5-Jun-00, to lugnet.technic)

  Re: 8428 Turbo Command CD-ROM

(...) This set appears to be on clearance all over... is it any good? I bought a 8266 on clearnce for $22.50 on Sunday. What a turkey that set is. About 10% into the instructios I decided it was a waste of time... what a dud! Scott A (...) (24 years ago, 5-Jun-00, to lugnet.technic)

  Re: 8428 Turbo Command CD-ROM

I paid $40 U.S. for mine (list price is about $60) and at the sale price I think it was well worth it. The main reason I bought it was to have something for my 8462 Tow Truck (on order) to tow, but the 8428 by itself has really exceeded my (...) (24 years ago, 6-Jun-00, to lugnet.technic)

  Re: 8428 Turbo Command CD-ROM

Exactly what suspension pieces does the set use? (24 years ago, 6-Jun-00, to lugnet.technic)

  Re: 8428 Turbo Command CD-ROM

It uses 3 of the "small" shock absorbers -- see: (URL) rear wheel uses one of the "81" shocks. They don't work independently. The third shock is the "97" version. It doesn't provide suspension in the main model, but it works as a spring in the (...) (24 years ago, 7-Jun-00, to lugnet.technic)

  Re: 8428 Turbo Command CD-ROM

So there are none of the fancy knuckle arms in this set? (24 years ago, 7-Jun-00, to lugnet.technic)

  Re: 8428 Turbo Command CD-ROM

Nope. Jonathan Wilson <wilsonj@xoommail.com> wrote: : So there are none of the fancy knuckle arms in this set? (24 years ago, 7-Jun-00, to lugnet.technic)