 Technic / 15441
15440  |  15442
Subject:
100% LEGO Technic Clock with Electric Drive
Newsgroups:
lugnet.announce.moc, lugnet.technic
Date:
Sun, 19 Nov 2006 16:10:24 GMT
Highlighted:
!! (details)

I’ve spent the past few days refining the design of my Technic clock. I’ve managed to convert it to electric drive (using a 9V micro motor) which enabled me to get rid of the 2-lb. weight and string. This made it possible to further reduce the size of the timekeeping mechanism while greatly improving its reliability. The result is a fully functional electric clock made from 100% unmodified LEGO parts.

<

The clock stands about 17 inches tall, and can be powered from a train regulator or a battery box. Without the dangling weight, this MOC can easily stand on the mantlepiece without fear that it will take a sudden plunge to the floor.

I’m still tweaking the timing, but it is already able to keep time within a few minutes per hour, and has run for several hours at a stretch with no human intervention. As an added bonus, the clock time can be set (even while the clock is running) simply by turning the hands to the desired time.

Must sleep now...