 Technic / 15368
Re: Pneumatic Hand
Newsgroups:
lugnet.technic
Date:
Tue, 19 Sep 2006 22:12:56 GMT

In lugnet.technic, Andrew Meyer wrote:
   Hello all. I have been trying for the last few weeks to create a pneumatic hand loosely based on the human hand. My first attempt ended up with a 32 by 54 stud behemoth. My second attempt had no power to speak of. My third attempt was going great...until my cat decided that it looked interesting...and pulled it to pieces. So, I relented, realizing that I just haven’t done enough work with pneumatics to go this alone. So, remembering a hand and arm that I saw a year or so ago on Philo’s home page, I started here at LUGNET Technic. Sadly, my attempt at recreating Philo’s hand failed dismally, so I went to bigger and better searches, finally finding an awesome site with Google created by a guy named Svein Erling Lode. He had a few small pictures of a three (or four?)-fingered, thumbed pneumatic hand holding a pilsner glass. I emailed the link on his page (selode@mac.com), and was sadly replied by a mailer daemon informing me that this address no longer exists. Here I sit now, asking for help. If anyone has an in with someone with relatively detailed pictures of a somewhat-human pneumatic hand, could you please let me know? I would greatly appreciate this, because I kind of promised my FLL team a pneumatic hand...before having one in hand. TIA for any help.

Andrew Meyer

Hi Andrew,

I might be of help to you with the underactuated hand I constructed with pneumatics (2nd version) or geared 9V motors (1st version).

It is very powerfull hand (when pumping up the pressure) even capable of holding a bottle of wine (filled that is...)

I have a MLCad file (using un-official parts). Click on the Mindstorms button on my site Lego examples for all ages

Hope to hear from you!

Regards, Frank.