 Technic / 15364
Re: Pneumatic Hand
Newsgroups:
lugnet.technic
Date:
Tue, 12 Sep 2006 02:38:09 GMT

In lugnet.technic, Andrew Meyer wrote:
Hello all. I have been trying for the last few weeks to create a pneumatic hand
loosely based on the human hand. My first attempt ended up with a 32 by 54 stud
behemoth. My second attempt had no power to speak of. My third attempt was going
great...until my cat decided that it looked interesting...and pulled it to
pieces. So, I relented, realizing that I just haven't done enough work with
pneumatics to go this alone. So, remembering a hand and arm that I saw a year or
so ago on Philo's home page, I started here at LUGNET Technic. Sadly, my attempt
at recreating Philo's hand failed dismally, so I went to bigger and better
searches, finally finding an awesome site with Google created by a guy named
Svein Erling Lode. He had a few small pictures of a three (or four?)-fingered,
thumbed pneumatic hand holding a pilsner glass. I emailed the link on his page
(selode@mac.com), and was sadly replied by a mailer daemon informing me that
this address no longer exists. Here I sit now, asking for help. If anyone has an
in with someone with relatively detailed pictures of a somewhat-human pneumatic
hand, could you please let me know? I would greatly appreciate this, because I
kind of promised my FLL team a pneumatic hand...before having one in hand. TIA
for any help.

Andrew Meyer

Hi Andrew,

Some time ago, I searched the web for lego mindstorms humanoid hands as a
brainstorm session for building one of my own. While I did not get to building
one myself just yet, I found the following link interesting:

http://www.bouwvoorbeelden.nl/home_eng.htm

And if you have enough resources, both in terms of time and money, why stop at
building a hand...build an entire robot!

http://www.storming-robots.com/prod/news.html

make sure you check out the picture from the above page

Hope you succeed in your quest! Share your experiences!

Regards,
Bruno