 Technic / 14858
  Re: Pneumatic Questions

(...) I know this sounds a little naive, but what is a release-free switch, and what would it be used for? Billy. (19 years ago, 20-Nov-05, to lugnet.technic, FTX)

  Re: Pneumatic Questions

(...) Hi Billy, A LEGO pneumatic switch has four ports. You are probably familiar with the obvious three: left, center and right. The fourth port is not obvious. When you've got pressure on one port of the piston, and you switch the switch so you (...) (19 years ago, 20-Nov-05, to lugnet.technic, FTX)

  Re: Pneumatic Questions

"Kevin L. Clague" <kevin_clague@yahoo.com> wrote in message news:Iq9H1s.2Ao@lugnet.com... (...) Has anyone tried to open up the pneumatic switch (old and new ones) to see if there is a way this 4th port could be vented into a tube and thus (...) (19 years ago, 21-Nov-05, to lugnet.technic)

  Re: Pneumatic Questions

(...) Been done here: ((URL) look like it's gonna be easy to modify. (...) Wish they would! BTW, I made a bummer in calling the hidden exhaust port the 'fourth port'. It should actually be port 3. In pneumatics nomenclature, the ports are designated (...) (19 years ago, 21-Nov-05, to lugnet.technic)