 Technic / 14848 (-5)
  Re: Pneumatic Questions

(...) Just so. (...) No, it wouldn't walk backwards. To make it work, you'd only have to interchange the hoses at the switches. That's because a suction force acts in the opposite direction to the traditional compressed air. Your walker will then (...) (19 years ago, 19-Nov-05, to lugnet.technic, FTX)

  Re: Pneumatic Questions

(...) Thanks, Kevin. Had to break-in as matters seem to be getting outta hand. It appears we're getting a new generation of pneumatic fans. Great! (...) No, you use them the same way. The pneumatic switch is basically a directional control valve. It (...) (19 years ago, 19-Nov-05, to lugnet.technic)

  Re: Pneumatic Questions

(...) It is possible to combine multiple switches into a release-free switch, but they would probably be more load than a single switch used on dual ported piston. Kevin (...) (19 years ago, 19-Nov-05, to lugnet.technic, FTX)

  Re: Pneumatic Questions

(...) I'm glad if I saved you some bucks. The fourth exhaust port is a necessity (for the cylinders to work) and a nuisance (being inaccessible). I first learned about it from Erik Brok's site. In real-life pneumatics, this port would be brought out (...) (19 years ago, 19-Nov-05, to lugnet.technic)

  Re: Pneumatic Questions

In lugnet.technic, Andrew Meyer wrote: "...if you set up a system in which one tank was pressure and one was vacuum, and applied both to a... 90d phase shift 2 cyl engine... so that when one side of a cylinder had pressure applied, the other would (...) (19 years ago, 18-Nov-05, to lugnet.technic, FTX)

Redisplay Messages:  All | Compact