 Technic / 14838
  Re: Pneumatic Questions

(...) Just out of curiosity, how would one go about creating a continuous vaccume? A temporary one can be created inside a piston by clogging one end, but how could one create a continuous vaccume? Would this need to be done in, say, an accumulator (...) (19 years ago, 17-Nov-05, to lugnet.technic)

  Re: Pneumatic Questions

(...) Never mind. I just figured out the answer to my own question. It was an easy one. (19 years ago, 17-Nov-05, to lugnet.technic)

  Re: Pneumatic Questions

(...) The older style pumps didn't have a built in waist valve. (URL) If you connect an older pump to your compressor, then a hose from the pump to the centre port of the 2x4 "distribution block", (URL) one of the other ports (i can't remember which (...) (19 years ago, 18-Nov-05, to lugnet.technic, FTX)

  Re: Pneumatic Questions

(...) Did you? Was it? Haha, I recall there was a long discussion on vacuum not a long time ago. CSSoh (19 years ago, 18-Nov-05, to lugnet.technic)

  Re: Pneumatic Questions

(...) Hi Dr. Soh, Nice to hear from you. I've never actually built with the original pneumatics, but my understanding is that the way to use switches in the old pneumatics is different than the way you use them with dual ported pistons. Don't you (...) (19 years ago, 18-Nov-05, to lugnet.technic)

  Re: Pneumatic Questions

(...) Thanks, Kevin. Had to break-in as matters seem to be getting outta hand. It appears we're getting a new generation of pneumatic fans. Great! (...) No, you use them the same way. The pneumatic switch is basically a directional control valve. It (...) (19 years ago, 19-Nov-05, to lugnet.technic)