 Technic / 14736
Re: Akira-inspired motorcycle
Newsgroups:
lugnet.technic
Date:
Fri, 14 Oct 2005 00:36:28 GMT

In lugnet.technic, Peer Kreuger wrote:
   As the <http://www.brickshelf.com/gallery/mahjqa/formula1/012.jpg motors are already geared down, they are directly useful for most applications. One motor can pull the racer quite well, and at a pretty high speed.

Cool! I ask because I tend to build things that perform (robots), and I’m always looking to find ways to speed things up. I haven’t seen a geared motor geared up before. I have worked a lot with the old motors (ugh, never going back again), and found that any gear train less than 6:1 would take forever to accelerate any decently-sized object to full speed. I guess my motor experience comes from that. Maybe my next robot will have a geartrain with a smaller number in front of the ratio... You’re using 2:3, maybe I can get away with 3:1... Thanks for the info, onto building!