 Technic / 14732
Re: Akira-inspired motorcycle
Newsgroups:
lugnet.technic
Date:
Wed, 12 Oct 2005 12:22:54 GMT

In lugnet.technic, Andrew Meyer wrote:
   How well does the drive work on the racer? I see that you are actually gearing the motor up. Does it accelerate well?

(to anyone who doesn’t follow, we’re talking about this racer here)

It actually works pretty well. As the motors are already geared down, they are directly useful for most applications. One motor can pull the racer quite well, and at a pretty high speed. these folks here used the same gearing. (So racing eachother would be fair, of course.)

The steering motor needed a bit of gearing down, though; otherwise it would be simply too fast, and rotating an axle mounted in the aforementioned axle joiner with spring wouldn’t be possible, as the spring is quite strong.