 Technic / 14644
    Re: Help please: I'm trying to get two outputs from one shaft —David Wegmuller
   (...) Hi Tony, Here is something I put together real fast during my lunch break: (URL) The movies are quite big (4MB a piece) but they show clearly how this thing works... Notice that it works in any position as the mechanism is balanced. An other (...) (19 years ago, 27-Sep-05, to lugnet.technic)

        Re: Help please: I'm trying to get two outputs from one shaft —Tony Hafner
     (...) This is great stuff, and will probably work for my application. It's mechanically much simpler than a differential with rachets. Thanks!! (...) I think I can picture how that works: You have a 4-stud-long box with a shaft running lengthwise (...) (19 years ago, 27-Sep-05, to lugnet.technic)

         Re: Help please: I'm trying to get two outputs from one shaft —danny staple
      (...) I will have to dig it out - but somewhere I have a fairly simple LDraw file showing that sliding worm gear device. I also made an interesting variation on this using Lego clutch gears which allowed 2 motors to give 2 outputs each, plus an (...) (19 years ago, 28-Sep-05, to lugnet.technic)

         Re: Help please: I'm trying to get two outputs from one shaft —Tony Hafner
     (...) Followup... this works beautifully. I was a little worried at a few stages of construction when the 1x4 brick sometimes would rotate until it wasn't engaging either gear and then sit there with the 8t gears spinning freely- but in the full (...) (19 years ago, 28-Sep-05, to lugnet.technic)

         Re: Help please: I'm trying to get two outputs from one shaft —David Wegmuller
     (...) Hi Tony, I'm glad I could help... I've added three more simple mechanisms to the webpage (actualy two pages now): (URL) are: - The walking worm gear one into two. This turned out to be very compact but not as reliable as the spur gear one (...) (19 years ago, 29-Sep-05, to lugnet.technic)

        Re: Help please: I'm trying to get two outputs from one shaft —Tim David
   (...) That looks a very nice simple solution to the problem, the simple solutions are usually the best! I will certainly be using it to give more function from the auxiliary output of the RC car unit. Tim (19 years ago, 28-Sep-05, to lugnet.technic)