 Technic / 14629
    Cable Operated Shovel —Benjamin Ventura
   (URL) Hello! Check out my new pics of a large cable mining shovel: Link to gallery: (URL) (You might have to wait a little while for the brickshelf gallery to be moderated..) I have been experimenting with using non-lego motors to drive this thing (...) (19 years ago, 23-Sep-05, to lugnet.technic, FTX) !

        Re: Cable Operated Shovel —Nathan Bell
     (...) 40 LBS! Dag that is a heavy one. It definately looks real. I have never seen tracks like that, but then again TLC does not make tracks that could hold that much weight without ripping apart, unless you wanted to spend a fortune. What (...) (19 years ago, 23-Sep-05, to lugnet.technic, FTX)

         Re: Cable Operated Shovel —Benjamin Ventura
     (...) Hello Nathan, so I do want to spend a fortune on the tracks.. I just need to get my hands on one! Did you see the (incredible) "PARV": (URL) I would really like to build some tracks like that machine has, when I get a chance to save up some (...) (19 years ago, 26-Sep-05, to lugnet.technic, FTX)

        Re: Cable Operated Shovel —Ross Crawford
     (...) Hi Ben, great shovel! I have a couple of questions though - I can't tell from the pics, does the bucket release door open? If so how? Also, have you found that using the high power motors puts more stress on any bricks, or causes more wear? (...) (19 years ago, 23-Sep-05, to lugnet.technic, FTX)

         Re: Cable Operated Shovel —Benjamin Ventura
     (...) Hello Ross, About the bucket - that is the one thing I forgot to take pictures of. The bottom of the bucket does open and close. At the end of the boom that the bucket is mounted on, at the intersection of the grey and black pieces, there is a (...) (19 years ago, 26-Sep-05, to lugnet.technic, FTX)

        Re: Cable Operated Shovel —Vineet Honkan
   Nice Ben! (19 years ago, 24-Sep-05, to lugnet.technic, FTX)