 Technic / 14386
  Using town garage door pieces for bulldozer treads

Has anyone ever done this? They probably would not get good traction, seeing as how the only way to keep them from coming off the rollers is to put the handles on the inside and use them to hold the tread on. I think maybe it would be hard to get (...) (19 years ago, 25-Jul-05, to lugnet.technic)

  Re: Using town garage door pieces for bulldozer treads

(...) I think I still prefer the method of using technic tread links with 1x6 bricks for medium sized treads, and for huge treads - using hinges. I have seen at least one major oversized robot in lugnet robotics using plates with hinges between them (...) (19 years ago, 25-Jul-05, to lugnet.technic)

  Re: Using town garage door pieces for bulldozer treads

(...) I'm not sure how you could use any of the doors w/ handles, since the handled-door panels have to be on the end of a series of doors... Might run the risk of popping apart too, I dunno... I asked a while ago in a thread about making custom (...) (19 years ago, 25-Jul-05, to lugnet.technic)