 Technic / 14387
Re: Using town garage door pieces for bulldozer treads
Newsgroups:
lugnet.technic
Date:
Mon, 25 Jul 2005 17:19:59 GMT

On 7/25/05, Nathan Bell <Radarbell@hotmail.com> wrote:
Has anyone ever done this?  They probably would not get good traction, seeing
as
how the only way to keep them from coming off the rollers is to put the
handles
on the inside and use them to hold the tread on.  I think maybe it would be
hard
to get all pieces with the handles, but one thing is for sure- the treads
would
be wide enough!

I think I still prefer the method of using technic tread links with
1x6 bricks for medium sized treads, and for huge treads - using
hinges. I have seen at least one major oversized robot in lugnet
robotics using plates with hinges between them for treads.

Orion
--
http://orionrobots.co.uk - Build Robots

Online Castle Building RPG -