 Technic / 14362
Re: RC Hail-Fire
Newsgroups:
lugnet.technic
Date:
Fri, 15 Jul 2005 05:42:43 GMT

Cool! Hey did you try including the positional steering output and connecting it to a switch? You might be able to use the steering control instead of the aux if you can get that to work. Would probably require extra battery power on board too though.

ROSCO

Naah, I tried to keep it simple. i saw a few things in your online contraptions called “adder/subtractor”. I figured the concept in the hail-fire with two differentials is similar.

I built it smart first time around. I put in z24 as driving gears to get more speed, less power. I kept the original wheel camber of the model. but it didn’t work. I tried putting in the clutch gears to save my motors and parts, but they got really hot really quick and i don’t think they are usefull any more. I had to change the wheel camber to take the additional weight of the RC unit. i had to put in z8’s as pinions to get enough torque to move it. The entire top of the droid is held on by rubber bands. I got lazy towards the end. i guess i could have made all the peices the same colour but again, i got a bit lazy. You have to pretty much dismantle the whole thing to change batteries. It doesn’t really balance all that well.

Im very happy that it only has two wheels and can steer ! I still see it as a pretty good first attempt.

Steve