 Technic / 1430
Re: MOC: Kennedy Space Center Crawler/Transporter
Newsgroups:
lugnet.technic
Date:
Tue, 25 Apr 2000 05:03:25 GMT

Ka-On Lee <ko_lee@yahoo.com> wrote in message news:FtJGr9.JL6@lugnet.com...
In lugnet.build, Mark Haye writes:
I'd like to announce the completion of my latest LEGO construction:
A working model of the Kennedy Space Center's Crawler/Transporter.

Great stuff.  "Hardcore" and original.  I wonder which costs you more: the • rare
tank tracks or the RCXs.  Do you have an internal light source in your • tower?
If you sensor depends on external light then the inaccuracy of light • sensors
would be expected.

Thanks!  I'll take "hardcore" as a compliment?  ;-)

The treaded chain links came almost exclusively from Pitsco.  A little
expensive, but I know of no other source.  Nevertheless, I'm sure I spent
more on the electronics.

The light sensors have a built-in LED as well as a detector.  If you look at
the
picture of the light sensor array, each sensor (blue) has a red (looks
pinkish
because of the flash) LED and a green (looks whitish because of the flash)
detector.  The RCX powers the LED and reads the detector alternately.

--
Mark Haye, haye (at) us (dot) ibm (dot) com
IBM TSM Server Development, Tucson, AZ