 Technic / 1426
Re: Kennedy Space Center Crawler/Transporter
Newsgroups:
lugnet.technic
Date:
Mon, 24 Apr 2000 15:01:59 GMT

John Koob <jkoob@nospam.v-wave.com> wrote in message
Mark Haye wrote in message ...
I'd like to announce the completion of my latest LEGO construction:
A working model of the Kennedy Space Center's Crawler/Transporter.

Well done!  This is one of the largest Technic MOC's I've seen.

Thanks!

Just curious:  What is the maximum weight that the platform can
safely carry?  (i.e. without damaging parts)

You mean load it up until something breaks?  Haven't risked it yet.  ;-)
I haven't noticed any parts that looked like they were stressed anywhere
close to the point of failure.  The elevators don't seem to strain with the
rocket on the platform.  Based on the above observations, I think the
model could safely carry two or three times more weight - enough for
a complete Saturn V perhaps ...

John

(remove the obvious to reply)

--
Mark Haye, haye (at) us (dot) ibm (dot) com
IBM TSM Server Development, Tucson, AZ