 Technic / 13996
Re: Miniland scale Tiller fire truck
Newsgroups:
lugnet.technic, lugnet.modelteam
Date:
Wed, 30 Mar 2005 02:16:02 GMT

In lugnet.technic, Jacub Maur wrote:
   This is a 1/20th scale (miniland scale) 1968 American la France open air “Tiller” aerial fire truck. A couple of the details have been altered since Lego does not always match the real world. http://www.brickshelf.com/cgi-bin/gallery.cgi?f=123356

Jacub,

This is a great looking model! This takes me back to the days growing up in Southern California; when I would always run to the window to see one of these speeding down the road with its trailing convoy of pumpers.

City of Los Angles fire department used these all over the valley and they always seemed to have their own dedicated pumper truck plus a non-dedicated pumper. Fire Station 102 was up the street from where I use to live. And the station had three open air LaFrance units, a Ladder/Tiller (L102), Pumper (P102) and a second dedicated Pumper (P302).

You should make a matching pumper like this one:)

(not an LA truck but a good image of a pumper)

Once again great work, thanks for posting.

Build on,
Robin Werner
GFLTC