 Technic / 13974
Re: Why do you torture Technic enthusiasts?
Newsgroups:
lugnet.technic, lugnet.dear-lego
Date:
Thu, 24 Mar 2005 03:39:58 GMT

Keith, I know.

I buy 90% of my parts from all over the world.

My whole point of the my post was just to show how we must pay high
international costs to get what we want because items are not readily availible
to us.

I meant my post as more of a joke than anything. I've been doing the
international thing for a few years now.

I have also sold many cars and such to people from other countries and the size
of the box doesn't really matter, only the weight.

Lego uses the larger boxes to make the products more attractive to the consumer,
for instance the 8653 Enzo could have EASILY been in a much smaller box(The box
is actually larger than the 8448 set), but in order to sell the product for
$125.00 they have to make the product look like it is worth $125.00

Also a smaller box would keep the contents from sliding all around in the box
since lego has gone away from the plastic insert.

I can't tell you how many times I have had sticker sheets bent and instructions
ripped.

I just wish that Legos were easier to get. Thats's all.

-Paul