 Technic / 13956
  LR-11200 Completed

I have finally gotten around to posting the completion photos of my Liebherr LR-11200 Crawler Crane. Here is the Link: (URL) overall height is 20 feet. The previous height was 18 feet, and I added the extra 2 feet to the luffing jib. The crane was (...) (19 years ago, 21-Mar-05, to lugnet.technic) !!

  Re: LR-11200 Completed

I am really running out of compliments for these vehicles, but yours looks very nice! (19 years ago, 21-Mar-05, to lugnet.technic)

  Re: LR-11200 Completed

just amazing! i'm very impressed with the height. few questions: are your sheaves drilled? (did you drill the cross axle out so they spin freely?) what type of string are you using? what are the flat long support guide lines made of that are barely (...) (19 years ago, 21-Mar-05, to lugnet.technic)

  Re: LR-11200 Completed

(...) Thanks for the comliments! Here are the answers to your questions: Yes, the holes have been drilled. Without doing this, there is too much friction for the crane to operate properly. The thin black pieces are made of Aluminum. They offer no (...) (19 years ago, 21-Mar-05, to lugnet.technic)

  Re: LR-11200 Completed

(...) Wow! Very impressive Alvin. Just can't get over the height of it. Amazing! Really look forward to seeing your next MOC. Job well done!!! Take Care Glen Bell (19 years ago, 22-Mar-05, to lugnet.technic)

  Re: LR-11200 Completed

That sir, is amazing! How did you do that!?! How did you raise it to full height, how many ladders did you need, did you go up on the roof to secure the final Technic axle? The cab and jib, all the elements came together great! Now, back to the (...) (19 years ago, 17-Apr-05, to lugnet.technic)

  Re: LR-11200 Completed

(...) Hi Alvin, That is really an amazing peace of engineering. Congratulation to your great job of finishing a 20 feet high crawler crane! A little question, what did you use as quy pins? some new LEGO piece I dont know? Or did you make them (...) (19 years ago, 28-Apr-05, to lugnet.technic, FTX)

  Re: LR-11200 Completed

(...) Thanks Anderes, The quy pins are made of aluminum. I found (as you did) that there isnt much lego that you can use in this situation that looks right and is strong enough. I have access to a automated router table at my work, so I designed and (...) (19 years ago, 28-Apr-05, to lugnet.technic, FTX)