 Technic / 14104
Re: LR-11200 Completed
Newsgroups:
lugnet.technic
Date:
Thu, 28 Apr 2005 21:50:34 GMT

In lugnet.technic, Anders Gaasedal wrote:
   In lugnet.technic, Alvin Brant wrote:
   I have finally gotten around to posting the completion photos of my Liebherr LR-11200 Crawler Crane.

Here is the Link:

The overall height is 20 feet. The previous height was 18 feet, and I added the extra 2 feet to the luffing jib. The crane was surprisingly sturdy, even with a 5-10 mph wind blowing.

I am currently building another model of a Liebherr LR-1750, and am planning a dual crane lift of over 100 lbs. I will post those pictures whenever that day comes.

Hi Alvin,

That is really an amazing peace of engineering. Congratulation to your great job of finishing a 20 feet high crawler crane!

A little question, what did you use as quy pins? some new LEGO piece I dont know? Or did you make them yourself from some other material?

Best regards from Denmark,

Anders Gaasedal

LEGO Trucks & Cranes

Thanks Anderes,

The quy pins are made of aluminum. I found (as you did) that there isnt much lego that you can use in this situation that looks right and is strong enough. I have access to a automated router table at my work, so I designed and cut these pieces out of .125 aluminum sheets and bored the holes in each end to accept a technic pin with friction or a technic axle with tight tolerances. This method worked perfectly.

Hope that this doesnt offend any of the purists out there.

--Alvin