 Technic / 13528 (-5)
  Re: 4 section boom

Is this why on those big cranes (Demag AC 500) there are a small set of wisible pulleys on the ouraaise left side of the boom? Thanks. Thanks for the drawing. Very helpful! Keep on building cranes! (20 years ago, 17-Jan-05, to lugnet.technic)

  Re: 4 section boom

(...) I realised my explanation was less than perfect, so I have quickly expanded Jen's diagram to help: (URL) BTW, I am imagining a small motor will be running the first chain, because (...) The chains for sections 2 & 3 (blue and red on my (...) (20 years ago, 16-Jan-05, to lugnet.technic)

  Re: 4 section boom

So if I were to use a chain, and if it were to move the third section and it were fixed on to the second section, all I wouldhave to do is add another chain and fix it onto the third section? Would this work? BTW, I am imagining a small motor will (...) (20 years ago, 16-Jan-05, to lugnet.technic)

  Re: 4 section boom

(...) Hi Vineet, A 4 section boom can be done as a simple extension of the same 3-boom system explained on Jennifer C's page. Imagine a 4th section on the left, enclosing the current diagram, and just copy the same pulley system from current (...) (20 years ago, 16-Jan-05, to lugnet.technic)

  4 section boom

I understand how this works (using the chain to extend the third boom). What is now confusing me is how this would be used in a 4 section boom, or do the lego crane builders use a different approach to these booms? If so, could someone explain to me (...) (20 years ago, 16-Jan-05, to lugnet.technic)

Redisplay Messages:  All | Compact