 Technic / 13252
Re: OT: Crane madness
Newsgroups:
lugnet.technic
Date:
Thu, 19 Feb 2004 01:22:25 GMT

"Ross Crawford" <rosscraw@bigpond.net.au> wrote in message
news:I7EIq5.4qF@lugnet.com...
In lugnet.technic, Steve Lane wrote:
In lugnet.technic, Tobbe Arnesson wrote:
http://zattevrienden.realroot.be/depanneren.htm

Sorry if this has already been posted, I'm not in the loop anymore (and • to
lazy to run a better search).

Regards,
/Tobbe still out there

Thats brilliant Tobbe. I thought the first truck looked a bit unstable • in the
second picture, and then when I scrolled down I saw it was {very} • unstable
:-).

The operator should probably have lifted over the cab rather than the • side,
as the vehicle would have been much less prone to rolling then, although • I'd
have thought even a lorry that small would have had outriggers.

Lifting over the front can have its problems too if you

<http://www.craneconsultants.com/images/CraneMishaps/Demag-HC-1010/LARGE/DSC
00006.JPG
ignore the weight chart>.

The crane on
the second lorry is massive, it would be the basis of a great model.

Sure would.

Rembember the crane on the TG-A I have in progress?
Well, its probably a crane the same size, but I still have a jibb on it.
And still I will claim to be the first have a jibb on a crane attached to a
truckchassis.

regards

ROSCO