 Technic / 13189
Re: Telehandler
Newsgroups:
lugnet.technic
Date:
Mon, 25 Oct 2004 09:26:04 GMT

"Nathan Bell" <Radarbell@hotmail.com> wrote in message
news:I62CGA.soA@lugnet.com...

I have a question for you. Do you see how I placed the piston that tilts • the
front bucket? http://www.brickshelf.com/cgi-bin/gallery.cgi?i=863748. • Could
this design be used on a full-sized wheel loader such as the one loading • the
dump truck in this picture?

I like this idea, definitely some lateral thinking going on there, from
looking it would seem to have a more even distribution of mechanical
advantage over the range of the actuator than the standard setup. One
disadvantage I can think of is that protuberances such as this on mechanical
equipment tends to be a bad thing as they increase height (or width or what
have you) and tend to get snagged on things. Most equipment has the
hydraulics mounted flush to the other components.

Another difficulty is that most hydraulic loaders incorporate the hydraulic
rams as part of the bucket self levelling device, often in what (I think) is
referred to as a "Z" arrangement. Self levelling could be harder to achieve
with your system.

As I say though, I think it is an excellent and novel idea and definitely
one I would never have thought of. A lot of your models seem to exhibit
these unusual approaches to solving problems; very interesting to look at.

If you can, shoot me an email (Radarbell@hotmail.com) with a link to your
website address.  I can't figure out how to get on it from brickshelf, but • have
seen it twice.

I don't have anything on brickshelf, but the wesbite address is
http://www.genuinemodels.com

Jennifer