 Technic / 13106
Re: Menck M154 excavator on scale 1:13
Newsgroups:
lugnet.technic, lugnet.modelteam
Date:
Mon, 13 Sep 2004 17:47:23 GMT

Hi Dennis

It’s good to see that you found the time to put an english description of your Menck online - great model!

After I took the pictures of my Mountaineer and the T 282 outside I must say that everything else just isn’t the right thing for a high quality model. One can see that clearly with your excellent pictures. When building a copy of a real existing machine, pictures should also be taken in a real life environment although this is not always that easy. I am thinking of quite strong winds where I live which reduce the possible days for a photo session to a few per year.

Of course, it also can be a challenge to build models that withstand real life impacts.

It’s also great to see that my sliding door construction works well on your Menck. I haven’t tested it in this size so far. The biggest door on the Mountaineer measured eight studs wide by 16 studs high.

Keep on modelling.

Looking forward to the results of your current projects.

Beat...

...who is still proud that his heavy duty turntable design is so widely spread with crane and construction equipment modellers.