 Technic / 13094
Re: 9 Volt output
Newsgroups:
lugnet.technic
Date:
Tue, 7 Sep 2004 16:58:10 GMT

Hi Patrick,

"Patrick Levy" <omiccron@uol.com.br> writes:

Can anyone explain in detail the difference (Or point where I can read about
it) of using this power sources:

9 Volts AA LEGO battery box (6 batteries)
RCX motor output (6 batteries)
8475 (RC Buggy) RC Unit (6 batteries)
9 Volt battery box (that one that comes with fiber optics - 1 battery)

Because all of them are nine volts, but i get differences on speed and power
when using them.

the RCX has a current limitation per output of 550mA and can provide only
330mA mean motor current according to the data sheet of the motor driver.

For the battery boxes it depends on the batteries,
the lower internal resistance they have the better.
A NiMH block battery in a 9V box can give quite a whack
(NiMH is good for high current but has lower voltage).

I don't have the RC buggy, but because its motors are much more
power-hungry I suppose that the controller can provide
several times the current of an RCX output.

Jürgen

--
Jürgen Stuber <juergen@jstuber.net>
http://www.jstuber.net/

Looking for consulting and project work in Linux: kernel, USB, embedded systems