 Technic / 13063
    Re: How to get non-circular movements? —Brian Davis
   (...) Have an arm attached off-center on a gear, running through a fixed pivot point (that is free to rotate!). As the main gear rotates, the distance between the driven end of the arm and the pivot point changes as the off-center attatchment point (...) (20 years ago, 23-Aug-04, to lugnet.technic)

        Re: How to get non-circular movements? —Joe Strout
   (...) Ah, I see. The pivot point must be free to slide on the arm (er, vice versa) as well. I think that's the key bit I was missing last night. (...) devices in my Technic models. Best, - Joe (20 years ago, 23-Aug-04, to lugnet.technic)