 Technic / 13007
  4.5V? 9V? 12V?

I'm trying to add some simple electronics to my LEGO models, but I'm not sure where to start. Browsing the part inventories at peeron.com, I see battery boxes, motors, connectors, and lights rated for 4.5, 9, or 12V. It seems like I should pick a (...) (20 years ago, 10-Aug-04, to lugnet.technic)

  Re: 4.5V? 9V? 12V?

(...) Pretty much all the new stuff is 9v Steve (20 years ago, 10-Aug-04, to lugnet.technic)

  Re: 4.5V? 9V? 12V?

(...) Buy one of (URL) these> and have at it! (It's 9V, like all new TECHNIC models.) Or get (URL) this kit> (you get extra parts). (20 years ago, 10-Aug-04, to lugnet.technic, FTX)

  Re: 4.5V? 9V? 12V?

(...) I said simple electronics! If I had the time and money for a Mindstorms set, I wouldn't be asking the question. :) Anyway, it seems rather overkill to buy an entire robotics kit when I just want to be able to turn on a (Minifig-scale) porch (...) (20 years ago, 10-Aug-04, to lugnet.technic, FTX)

  Re: 4.5V? 9V? 12V?

(...) Isn't this just a case of a 9V Battery box with 6x AA batteries, a number of 9V wires with 2x2 plugs on each end and a 9V light unit? For a shorter duration use, the smaller battery box with a PP3 battery will do - any light and sound sets on (...) (20 years ago, 11-Aug-04, to lugnet.technic, FTX)

  Re: 4.5V? 9V? 12V?

(...) Well, you can turn lights on and off using polarity reversor. (URL) can use 9V cables to run the power across the setup. Use a simple 9V battery box plus batteries for power. Use whatever you want for lamps. (...) Yes, stick to 9V, and buy (...) (20 years ago, 12-Aug-04, to lugnet.technic)