 Technic / 12954
  Re: first pics of crane

(...) I really like the system you mention, it is a really elegant solution. It also appears to allow more telescoping sections, presumably to due not having additional complexity with each added section, unlike a cable driven section, and perhaps (...) (20 years ago, 28-Jul-04, to lugnet.technic)

  Re: first pics of crane

(...) From what I saw on the AC100 (URL) the operator just dialed in the length they wanted, and the pooter chose the position of each section (in that case it was fully extended anyway so not a difficult calculation). Each section had (IIRC) 3 (...) (20 years ago, 29-Jul-04, to lugnet.technic)