 Technic / 12815
    Instant Mini Air Compressor using RC Buggy Motor —Chio Siong Soh
   Here's an instant mini air compressor you can make if you have the 8475 RC Buggy motor. (URL) Using the inner motor output shaft, the geometry is just right for full compression of the small pump. It runs like blazes and was able to drive my (...) (20 years ago, 20-Jun-04, to lugnet.technic, FTX)

        Re: Instant Mini Air Compressor using RC Buggy Motor —Kevin L. Clague
     (...) Doesn't your pump get warm at that RPM? When I tried this I eventually ended up with permanent pump damage, where seals no longer could provide high pressure. Kevin (20 years ago, 20-Jun-04, to lugnet.technic, FTX)

        Re: Instant Mini Air Compressor using RC Buggy Motor —Kevin L. Clague
   (...) My humble apologies. I forgot to complement you on the elegence of the design. Kevin (...) (20 years ago, 20-Jun-04, to lugnet.technic, FTX)

        Re: Instant Mini Air Compressor using RC Buggy Motor —Chio Siong Soh
   (...) Thanks, but actually the design suggested of itself. Normally, one would use the outer motor output shaft. But I was struck by the exact geometry using the inner motor output shaft and the small pump. Is it a fortuitous coincidence or is it an (...) (20 years ago, 21-Jun-04, to lugnet.technic, FTX)

        Re: Instant Mini Air Compressor using RC Buggy Motor —Ross Crawford
   (...) Or someone design a LEGO cooling system ;) ROSCO (20 years ago, 21-Jun-04, to lugnet.technic, FTX)

        Re: Instant Mini Air Compressor using RC Buggy Motor —Paul Krieg
   (...) Air cooled, of course. Right? :-) Hi CSSOH. Simplicity and performance. Nice work! BTW, Rosco, I look forward to seeing more of your crane. It is very impressive. Only 2 days ago some one upset a crane at work by failing to put the outriggers (...) (20 years ago, 26-Jun-04, to lugnet.technic, FTX)

        Re: Instant Mini Air Compressor using RC Buggy Motor —Chio Siong Soh
   (...) Yep, like so ;-) (URL) C S (20 years ago, 30-Jun-04, to lugnet.technic, FTX)

        Re: Instant Mini Air Compressor using RC Buggy Motor —Brian Davis
   (...) Don't laugh - Steve Hassenplug actually had a related problem on a recent sumo 'bot of his. Before that contest, I never knew that the battery boxes had thermal protection... Watching a sumo-bot overheat was both funny, and sad at the same (...) (20 years ago, 1-Jul-04, to lugnet.technic, FTX)