 Technic / 12577
Re: SSClagorpion
Newsgroups:
lugnet.technic
Date:
Fri, 7 May 2004 22:59:58 GMT

In lugnet.technic, Kevin L. Clague wrote:
In lugnet.technic, Eric Sophie wrote:
In lugnet.technic, Steve Hassenplug wrote:
In lugnet.technic, Kevin L. Clague wrote:
In lugnet.technic, Steve Hassenplug wrote:

Kevin, I just finished looking at the Leg designs you have made.

They are elegant as they are deceptively simplistic in their appearence.
Great Job.

You raise a good point.

When the hip sweeps, (heh heh) each leg left and right, you'll need ample
clearence to avoid collission with the other legs in the sideways motion.

This leads to a scale issue. Indeed, the room between each leg ends up making
the body quite sizable.

Food for thought:

Instead of making the body straight or rectangular, perhaps, begin arranging the
frame truss to be oval or slightly rounded to accomodate the hip sweep (heh
heh).

This way the each leg placement will sit around the oval body to allow a small
semi circle of movement for each leg. Thereby avoiding inter-leg collission.

Thoughts? ----> Oval or eliptical shaped Leg/body frame-truss.