 Technic / 12556
Re: SSClagorpion
Newsgroups:
lugnet.technic
Date:
Wed, 5 May 2004 02:20:03 GMT

In lugnet.technic, Steve Hassenplug wrote:
In lugnet.technic, Kevin L. Clague wrote:

A\_
   \B

  _/D
C/

E\_
   \F

  _/H
G/

In normal walking we expect that the sideways walking leg pistons will be all
expanded.  When we switch to sideways walking, we subsititute sideways sweep for
hip sweep.

When we decide to switch back to forward/backward walking we'll have to contract
all the sideways pistons, and start driving the hip pistons again.

Will it be possible to expand or contract all sideways walking pistons at the
same time?

Or is that like walking forward, where 1/2 will be expanded, while the other 1/2
are contracted?

Looking at SSClagorpion from the front........ and only looking at one of the
two leg groups:
__
/ /  Down
__
\ \ Down
__
\ \ Up
__
/ /  Up

In this case we'll need to have half the sidways pistons expanded and half
contracted all the time.  Otherwise all the legs will thrust away from the body
and then back.  Right?
__
/  \  Down
__
\/   Down
__
/  \  Up
__
\/   Up

This scenario does not lead to walking, right?

Kevin