 Technic / 12529
Re: SSClagorpion
Newsgroups:
lugnet.technic
Date:
Sat, 1 May 2004 14:57:03 GMT

In lugnet.technic, Eric Sophie wrote:
In lugnet.technic, Steve Hassenplug wrote:
In lugnet.technic, Eric Sophie wrote:
In lugnet.technic, Steve Hassenplug wrote:
I didn't see any comment from Eric about the proposed parts list.  It's around
50 pistons, and 100 switches.  Is that OK?

Hey guys, I'm standing by, forgive my absence.

I have the parts to contribute for structural things, the sheer amount of
switches and pistons are out of my range. I do have Rotation Sensors and greeble
doohickies.

Ok, so how should we proceed?  How many switches and pistons DO you have?  We
could scale back the design to fit your inventory, or come up with another
solution.

I was under the impression that Kevin's supply of pnuematics were around 100
pistons and switches.

I know that I have at least 100 pistons, at at least twice that many switches.
I'll have to disassemble some projects to make them available.  I'll want to
document caterpillar, and complete PhD before I disassemble it.  After that no
problems.

I have a small hand full of the new types and less than a dozen of the old type.

IMHO, that's why I orriginally wanted to create the Leg truss mechanically using
my parts as I can cover that presumably. Having 10 of more limbs with multiple
pistons and switches is a tall order. However, I would love to see how Kevin
would build the Scorpion legs pnematically. I could help in what ever way
possible.

I encourage each of you to prototype the pneumatic leg designs.  Each degree of
freedom requires two switches for instrumentation.  The critical skill I provide
is how to design and hook together all the switches and pistons into a
sequencer.  You are both highly skilled builders of mechanical devices,
equalling or bettering my mechanical skills.

However, we could divide the Legs into 3 and each of us could attempt to build a
set , there by shareing the load. Or we could ask for help from Lego, so long as
we use the project to raise awareness and promote advanced building techniques
that should be made public for all to use as a tool. Then maybe we could ask for
help. Our commitment must be solid to ask for assistance.

I'm totally committed to finishing the project in plenty of time for BrickFest.

thoughts?

We could all pitch in parts, but that will mean SSClagorpion will have a limited
life span.  (somewhere beyond Brickfest)

I think we'll have to start here, and possibly recreate it later when a
benefactor gives us the parts we need to make a duplicate.

Or we could take up a collection, and donate the parts.

Other posibilities?

I also have three Spybots.

Good.  :)

Kevin