 Technic / 11171
Re: Worm Gear Box from 4094
Newsgroups:
lugnet.technic
Date:
Fri, 22 Aug 2003 00:04:37 GMT

"Mark Riley" <markril@hotmail.com> wrote in message
news:HJzK2z.tKE@lugnet.com...
The hub appears to have 24 bumps on it.  The outer ring
contacts these bumps at eight places.  The mechanism is fairly stiff
and shouldn't give unless an undue force is being exerted.  You can
test it for yourself by cranking on it with a liftarm and axle - you will
hear a loud click when it gives.
Mark

You have a sharp eye. That is a great observation. I would never have
noticed it. Very cool!

--
Bob Fay

http://www.ozbricks.com/bobfay/